Applying for the HAM Gallery
HAM Gallery is a HAM exhibition space focusing on showcasing topical and new contemporary art.
HAM Gallery is located on the museum’s entrance level in the Tennis Palace. The gallery consists of two rooms with a combined floor area of 155m2 (room 1: 84m2 and room 2: 71m2). Admission to the gallery is free.
Here is a list of key things to remember when organising exhibitions in HAM Gallery:
• The exhibition period is 7–8 weeks, hanging and dismantling included.
• The opening ceremony is generally held on the Friday of the first week of the exhibition.
• No rent is charged for use of the gallery.
• Exhibitions in the gallery are not curated by HAM Helsinki Art Museum.
• Responsibility for both hanging and dismantling rests with the artist. HAM provides the services of one employee and a lighting expert to help with the installation.
• HAM provides the artist with a limited number of tools, understructures for sculptures or equipment, and audiovisual equipment.
• The artist is responsible for the transportation of artworks.
• The artist is responsible for transportation insurance.
• HAM is in charge of cleaning and supervision of the gallery.
• A digital exhibition invitation is produced by the artist together with HAM and following the museum’s graphic guidelines.
• An exhibition press release is produced by the artist together with HAM.
• HAM will send out the invitation and press release to its own contact lists.
• The artist is responsible for all arrangements for the opening night of the exhibition. Catering may not be provided on the museum’s premises.
• Textual material for the exhibition (list of works, CV, etc.) shall be produced by the artist.
• Sale of works is the artist’s responsibility. No commission is charged on sales.
You can apply for an exhibition slot using the online application form. The application period is 15 December 2022–15 January 2023. The application must be accompanied by an exhibition plan, a CV and visual reference material supporting the application. This application round includes six exhibition slots for 2024.
Applications are processed by a working group consisting of HAM curators and external members.